Sam: This is it.
Frodo: This is what?
Sam: If take one more step, it'll be the farthest away from home I've ever been.
Frodo: Come on Sam. Remember what Bilbo used to say, "It's a dangerous business Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Final push

I'm making the final push to Everest base camp at 5360m and Kala Pattar, at 5554m the highest I plan to go. I should be there Monday afternoon Nepal time. I won't be buying wifi again until after I have descended. So far I am in good health and spirits though it's not been easy. 

A trekker said that this was "a retrospective enjoyment."  I will let you know after I have reached EBC, I hope. 

 Talk to you later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment