Sam: This is it.
Frodo: This is what?
Sam: If take one more step, it'll be the farthest away from home I've ever been.
Frodo: Come on Sam. Remember what Bilbo used to say, "It's a dangerous business Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

Sunday, April 6, 2014

I feel like a colorful ninja

I'm at Boudha stupa, with face mask. 

Lonely Planet warned me that Kathmandu would be dusty and chaotic and dirty but the full sensory experience surprised me.

My feet were dusty and grimy at the end of the day of walking in sandals. I have been using wet wipes throughout the day to clean my hands and face.

A good proportion of people in Kathmandu wear face masks when they're just walking around the city. They are padded cotton and come in all sorts of fun patterns and colors. I'm not sure if it actually helps decrease inhaled particulates though. I brought these hospital masks from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment